My first "beauty" post! And I'm revealing my biggest beauty secret at the end, hehehe.
Although I have drawers full of skincare and makeup products, I don't use many products on a daily basis. I generally stick to tinted moisturizer/bb cream, eyebrow filler, and mascara (I don't know, is that a lot?). But I do love browsing and shopping (often, buying) skincare and makeup. Actually using them is another story :p I don't think I've ever finished any make up product in my life...except for mascara. Everything always expires, gets misplaced, or replaced with something new, before I can use even half the container.
I just wanted to share with you guys that a new Sephora store is coming to town! Sephora is opening its doors at Westfield Century City this Friday May 19th!
Sephora Century City - 10250 Santa Monica Blvd, Los Angeles, CA. Open Mon-Sat: 10am to 9pm, Sun: 11pm to 7pm.
I looove shopping at Sephora because of the unlimited selection, and excellent service. You can ask for a sample of any product at the store, even if they don't have a tester bottle out. Even fragrances - store associates would happily squirt the perfume in a tiny teeny travel bottle. I'm all for risk free shopping.
Another thing I love is how the beauty experts there can help you find the correct shade of foundation, skincare that works for you, and even guide you on selection your personal fragrance. The best part is that you can roam around the store and explore for hours without feeling rushed or pressured to purchase anything : ) And if you have an unexpected date or night out, you can always pop in to get a complimentary mini-makeover!
Here are some of my favorite products that I currently use, all from Sephora:
1) Murad Invisiblur primer with SPF - I first tried sample from Sephora and I love it immediately because it goes on invisible (no white sunscreen marks), satiny, and matte. Plus it doubles as a makeup primer (the texture also feels like so). I use sunscreen everyday. My other sunscreen favorite is this Clarins one, also non-sticky and mattifying.
2) Farmacy Honey Potion Mask - perfect for dry skin
3) Supergoop Handcream with SPF - I use this every time I'm driving in my car because of the Socal sun! Hands often show the first signs on aging, and this helps to protect them from sun damage.
4) Jo Malone Fragrances - My favorite from this brand is the Peony & Blush Suede. Apply directly on your skin and the cologne will react with your body chemistry to create a unique scent.
7) Nars Tinted Moisturizer - light and natural everyday coverage, perfect for the office when you don't want to look to made up. Totally deserving of its cult status.
8) Guerlain Lingerie de Peau BB Cream - more coverage than a tinted moisturizer. Use this for even, natural looking complexion.
This post was sponsored by Sephora, and all views and opinions are my own.
As promised, *drumroll*, my biggest beauty secret is... Dolly's Eyelash Perming set!
I know, the product image is a little underwhelming...but for those of you with completely straight lashes like mine, this product is life changing! You basically glue your lashes to the silicon pads that you stick onto your eyelids, then apply a couple of perming solutions to the lashes, then wash off. The box provides more detailed instructions.
With this eyelash perming kit, it takes about an hour to curl the lashes on both eyes (persuade a friend to help you do it), and your lashes would stay curled for about a month. Shaves some minutes off my morning routine :)
Pros: I like this set because it comes with the silicone curling pads, as opposed to foam curling rods that other brands use. The silicone pads help the lashes adhere better during the perming process, and provides a more natural curl. Also, you can purchase each item from the set individually, if you run out. And it just works.
Cons: The perming solutions are pretty smelly.
Now that I've shared mine....what are some of your deepest darkest beauty secrets? I mean, its only fair.....