Its been a month filled with travels! If you follow me on Instagram you'd have seen posts about New Orleans, Santa Fe, and right now - Japan! Living the #nomorePTO life.
Santa Fe is a perfect spot for a weekend getaway from LA! A couple of weeks ago, I spent a weekend there with my sister and 2 of my bestest friends - a long overdue girls trip! Santa Fe, the capital of New Mexico, is only an hour and half plane ride from LA, and you get to experience such a different environment. The small town is full of Pueblo-style architecture, and lined with little shops and galleries full of Indian art. And weather is perfect this time of year.
Plus, the food is delicious! Some of the restaurants we ate at:
1) Maria's - Hearty portions and the strongest Margaritas.
2) Cafe Pasqual's - There was a line here on a Saturday morning! Thought I was in LA for a second. We waited about 15 minutes for a table in this tiny cozy restaurant. Also at LA prices. But the food is delicious!
3) Counter Culture Cafe - Hipster cafe with a large patio and good for hanging out while waiting for dinner.
4) La Boca - Cozy venue with delicious tapas and sangria. When we went, there was also a guitarist that serenaded us all night.
5) Bell Tower Bar at La Fonda hotel - This is the rooftop (not very high though) bar at the La Fonda Hotel. Go here well before sunset to get a seat in their small space. and you'll get a nice view of the town and the sunset. We missed this because we didn't know that the bar closed at sunset =___= Next time!
Things to do:
1) Meow Wolf - Definitely worth a visit! Meow Wolf is a curious and bizarre art installation...its easy to spend hours here exploring the entire thing.
Madrid - The cutest little town that is nestled in the middle of rolling hills. If you love handmade pottery and jewelry, especially turquoise - you'd love this place. I did.
Sandia Peak Tramway - Didn't get to go on this cable car due to high winds. But I imagine the view to be amazing. This is also the most recommended activity when you search "what to do in Santa Fe". We were very creative.
Dusk to dawn maxi dress
Where will you go for a weekend getaway?